Because owners want to do everything they can for their pets, they are often looking for a better way to pay for their veterinary care. They know their pets deserve the very best medical care, but at times providing that care can be hard because of financial constraints.
Pet insurance is one way to help. It reimburses owners for a part of, or the whole, veterinary bill for injured or ill patients. Some plans cover times when pets are lost or stolen. Some even help when pets die. As medical costs continue to grow, more owners are looking for pet insurance plans that cover preventative medicine, including examinations and vaccinations.
When an owner decides to start looking for pet insurance, there are many different companies from which to choose. Each company then has many different plans so all owners can find the right plan for their family. Owners can choose a deductible or coinsurance they can afford. Some owners choose a plan depending on the monthly fee.
Here are some things to consider when choosing a pet insurance plan:
- Is dentistry covered?
- How much it costs every month.
- If you want preventative medicine covered (or how much you want covered).
- Whether pre-existing conditions are covered. If a pet was already diagnosed, will the insurance cover the bills for this condition?
- Whether congenital and hereditary conditions are covered. These include hip dysplasia, heart defects, and similar problems.
- Whether a percentage of the bill or a dollar amount will be reimbursed.
- What are the limitations to the insurance? Are there yearly limits? Some plans have lifetime limits.
Insurance and Alternatives
- AAHA Pet Insurance
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
- Financing with CareCredit
- Mitchell Hammock Pet Hospital HMO Maintenance Program Discounted Packages for Dogs
- Mitchell Hammock Pet Hospital HMO Maintenance Program Discounted Packages for Cats
- Mitchell Hammock Pet Hospital HMO Maintenance Program Discounted Packages for Birds
Pet insurance is something all good pet owners should think about, especially if their pets are young. However, it is a big decision, and it takes time to look through the different plans to find the perfect one. Don’t hesitate to contact us here at (407) 366-7323 with any questions. We would be glad to help.